Contact Us • Request@centurylawnandlandscape.com • 737-600-2522
Century is a locally owned and operated business. We are looking to hire an Irrigation Technician for our Southwest Austin operation for immediate, full-time, year-round work.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform irrigation repairs or renovations consistent with industry standards and governing ordinances.
- Follow our scheduling program and complete tasks assigned swiftly and efficiently.
- Have general knowledge of pipe size and types of fittings.
- Excavation techniques to keep a service area as undisturbed as possible.
- Basic irrigation installation practices and procedures.
- Understand the volt ohm meter and uses it to diagnose repair needs in electrical circuits.
- Capable of checking and adjusting various brands of controllers for seasonal adjustments.
- Makes intelligent evaluations of site with regards to watering programs. Suggests program adjustments to site management and/or supervisor.
- Knows all drip components and different flow rates of drip tube and programs controllers based on precipitation rates.
- Understand solenoid valve mechanics and the complete process of how the valve opens and closes.
- Understand operation and programming of popular controllers from most manufacturers.
- Utilizes advanced programming features such as E/T self-adjusting settings for more precise water management.
- Understands operations and adjustments of valves, rotors, and spray of most manufactures.
- Has taken the 16-hour state required course and passed and received the appropriate license.
Applicant must have an up to date Landscape Irrigator License from TCEQ or a Landscape Irrigator Technician License from TCEQ.
Members of our team must enjoy working outside in all temperatures, have a strong work ethic, and be reliable and honest. Continued expectation of dependability is expected.
We offer competitive salary with bonus structure, health, vision and dental benefits, PTO and paid holidays.
Background check and drug screening will be performed.
Driver’s license with a clean record.
Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Salary – $45,000 – $65,000 per year
- Signing Bonus up to $1,500. $300 paid after 30 days of employment. Remainder after 6 months
- Commission up to 5% of daily sales
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available
- Paid Time Off and Holiday pay
- Uniforms, PPE, and Phone provided
- Opportunity for advancement